Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance is a lump sum insurance payment which becomes payable in the circumstances stated in the TPD policy. These circumstances are often:
- the TPD policyholder is no longer able to work in any employment for which they have suitable education training and experience, and that unfitness is likely to continue for the foreseeable future (called an “any occupation” policy); or
- that TPD policyholder is no longer able to work in their insured occupation and that unfitness is likely to continue for the foreseeable future (called an “own occupation” policy).
To have TPD insurance a person needs TPD cover. In Australia, TPD insurance is often provided for a payment regularly taken out from superannuation benefits. This kind of TPD cover is usually arranged by a person’s superannuation fund and is called a TPD group policy of insurance. Another way to take out TPD insurance is to buy private life insurance directly or through a retail provider (i.e. not through a Superannuation fund).
If a disease, accident, injury, or illness has stopped you from working, you may be entitled to TPD payouts through your TPD insurance cover. A TPD insurance payout can be difficult to obtain as it is often difficult to meet the definition of TPD in the TPD policy.
The amount of the TPD payout as well as the superannuation and TPD insurance benefits, as well as the definition of total and permanent disability, can vary largely depending on your TPD insurance provider. TPD lawyers at Foyle Legal can help you with TPD insurance claims successfully on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.
If your Total and Permanent Disability is caused by workplace injury, motor vehicle accident injury, or other personal injury accidents. You are can claim TPD payouts regardless of the outcome of your personal injury claims.
Don’t be intimidated by insurers, establishments and their lawyers.
If you have made a TPD claim, contact TPD lawyers at Foyle Legal. We can help you to:
- Have Your TPD Claim Approved!
- Negotiate a Fairer TPD Payout!
- Get the Evidence You Need!
- Progress Your TPD Claim Faster!
We can help with your total and permanent disability superannuation claim!