SCS Page ID: 179
Make an enquiry
We help you to maximise Compensation!

Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims Lawyers Perth WA

Are you a victim of crime in WA? If you suffered an injury as a result of criminal offence in Western Australia, you may be entitled to criminal injury compensation. If you have made a claim, why not contact Foyle Legal personal injury lawyers for an obligation free case assessment.

We are experts in criminal injuries compensation claims, and act for victim of crime on No Win No Fee basis. We will ensure that you will get the best criminal injuries compensation payout for your injury claim.

Victims of Crime Compensation Claims in WA

The WA Government Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme enables victims of crime to apply for compensation for injury or loss as a result of an offence or alleged offence. Foyle Legal has helped injured people with a number of different criminal injuries compensation assaults in Western Australia including but not limited to:

  • Head injuries or dental injuries from “coward’s punch” also known as “king hit” attacks;
  • Machete and sword attacks resulting in severe lacerations;
  • Sexual assault including unlawful penetration;
  • Sexual assault of a minor;
  • Attacks on people in positions of authority such as the police and prison guards in the course of their work; and
  • Attacks that occurred in public places such as Crown Casino.

Injured people should be aware that criminal injuries compensation is a “remedy of last resort” this means that if they can pursue compensation in another manner such as a motor vehicle accident claim, workers compensation claim or public liability claim then they should pursue these options before claiming criminal injuries compensation.

You may be eligible to claim compensation under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act if you are a:

  • victim of an offence and are injured and/or experience financial loss as a result of the injury
  • close relative of a person killed as a result of an offence, eg a spouse, defacto, parent, grandparent, step-parent, child, step-child, or grandchild, and experience financial loss as a result of that offence.

Compensation can be sought for an incident reported to the police regardless of whether a person has been identified, charged or convicted of the offence. However, if a person is charged and then acquitted for a reason other than unsoundness of mind you will not be able to make a claim.

Contact Us for Obligation Free Consultation

Maximise your Criminal Injury Compensation Claims

Foyle Legal Uses Unique Insight to Maximise your criminal injury compensation Claim

The Director of Foyle Legal is one of only a few lawyers in Perth who has practiced as a claimant and defendant lawyer in personal injury cases. This gives Foyle Legal a unique insight in the best way to present your case. If your require further assistance with your criminal injuries compensation claim or any other personal injury claims, why not contact us at 0408 727 343, alternatively submit an obligation free enquiry.

Criminal Injury Compensation Entitlements

What Does Criminal Injury Compensation Cover?

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is designed to provide compensation if you suffer bodily harm, mental or nervous shock or pregnancy resulting from an offence.

Compensation may cover:

  • pain and suffering
  • loss of enjoyment of life
  • loss of income
  • medical or psychological expenses
  • other incidental expenses, such as travel for medical treatment or damage of clothing.

In the case of a death, a close relative can apply for funeral expenses and loss of financial support.The assessor of criminal injuries compensation is responsible for assessing each claim and making a decision regarding compensation.

Criminal Injury Compensation Claim Submission

When to make an Criminal Injury Compensation application in WA?

You have three years from the date of the offence, or the last offence, to lodge an application. Your application should be made once you have reached an acceptable stage of recovery from your injuries, except where interim payments are sought for treatment, reports or funeral costs. If criminal proceedings occur then they should be completed before you make a claim.

You may apply for interim payment of expenses before your application is finalised. If your claim is more than three years old, you may still apply, but must get an extension. You will need to provide written reasons for the delay with your completed application.

NO WIN NO FEE* Criminal Injury Compensation Lawyers

At Foyle Legal we offer a no obligation free first consultation for personal injury matters and we take your matter on a no win no fee* basis. This means that if you are not successful you do not pay Foyle Legal legal fees but you will still be liable for the disbursements (such as medical reports) associated with your case.

Contact Us for Obligation Free Consultation

More about Criminal Injury Compensation Claims

The Office of Criminal Injury Compensation are the government department that assesses criminal injuries claim. Legal Aid WA have also produced useful information on criminal injuries compensation

Expert Criminal Injury Compensation Lawyers Perth WA

Injured as a victim of a crime or assault in Western Australia? Get your existing criminal injury claim reviewed by an expert compensation lawyer. Foyle Legal helped hundreds of injured people and recovered millions in injury compensation. Obligation free on 0408 727 343. Alternatively, why not contact us by filling the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours.